Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

4 years ago we were going to have Thanksgiving at our house. It was just a 6 weeks or so since I had a Doctor tell me that he didnt know how I was dead or at least in a coma. I was glad to be alive and wanted to celebrate with friends.

One Doctor thought that there was a slim chance that my kidney damage could be reversed. I had a kidney biopsy done in early October but they had gotten the wrong part of the kidney. Another biopsy was ordered for the week of Thanksgiving. This time, they nicked a renal artery and I spent the night in ICU. I came home to celebrate Thanksgiving but I felt horrible and ended up having to go back to the hospital after everyone had eaten.

This year, we're doing Thanksgiving dinner with family again at our new house. Knock on wood, this one will be much better than the one 4 years ago.

I have so much to be thankful for this year. A great wife, a healthy son and good health. I count myself truly blessed to have friends and family like you. I hope that you take some time to count your blessings this holiday season.

No comments: